Sunday 14 July 2013

Stour Valley Way

Need to really crack on with the training so set out today on a longish walk along the Stour Valley Way which I am lucky enough to be able to get to straight from the house using the public footpaths.  Weather was beautifully hot so decided not to take Bailey which was a good decision as came across a couple of non dog-friendly stiles.

The Way is supposed to be along the Stour river but the section near me doesn't go as close to the river itself as I was hoping.  Thought I would also use this an opportunity to try out Rob's SLR camera to see if I can get to grips with it in time for September and take it with me.

This is the short section next the river:



but most of the walk was along small B road and fields like this:


After a couple of hours, I stopped off for some quick refreshment (and toilet break!) at a local hostelry before heading back.



My favourite picture, ironically, was taken in the field behind the house where I came across a calf by himself which became very curious in me and came over as I started taking photos of him.  I think if I had stayed, he would have come right up next to me but I could hear mummy cow bellowing behind me as she came into the field so exited left sharpish!



All in all, quite pleased with the effort as I managed just over 16 kms in about 4 hours.  Am shattered now but it does drive home the need for the training.  I also need to find some hill walks as it was much flatter than the Great Wall will be!



No comments:

Post a Comment